This is what we are up to this week...
No spelling this week!
Grammar: helping verbs
- in small groups
- Many students are now reading nonfiction books, such as biographies.
- work on making inferences and finding the main idea and details
- continue to work on using the text to back up an answer
- December reading calendars/book report forms will go home this week.
Writing: in class students will finish up Thanksgiving essays
- review test (look for it to come home for your signature)
- begin a study of slavery in America and one of the Freedom Fighters, Frederick Douglass
- The November reading calendars and book reports are due on Tuesday, December 1.
- Many students are coming to class without all their supplies. Please check with your child to make sure she/he has what is needed...pencils, scissors, crayons, and glue are the most important items.
- There will be a Cultural Arts program on Friday.
- If you have not already done so, please sign and return the progress report envelope.
- Please provide your email at the right so my blog updates can come straight to you.