- Daily timed multiplication drills
- Concentrate on learning 6's and 7's
- Problem-solving strategy: too much information or missing information
Science--Habitats of Georgia (Chapter 7)
Notices and Reminders
- Please, please, please make sure your child has all her/his school supplies. The most important supplies we use most often are pencils, dry erase markers, scissors, glue, and colored pencils or crayons. I gave the students pep talk about taking care of their supplies.
- If your child has not memorized the multiplication facts (through the 10's), he/she should be studying every night for 10 to 15 minutes. We will be moving on to other standards soon and cannot devote much class time to the work of memorizing facts. I tell the children that the timed drills are not practice...the practice must happen at home. While there are many online games and other fun ways to study, in my experience the best way for a child to memorize the facts is to consistently practice them with a parent using flashcards. Thank you for your support.
- I enjoyed seeing many of you at Honors Day! I know you must be proud of your student...I know I am!