NO spelling this week.
- in small groups
- some groups are also working on phonics
- preparing for the Georgia Milestones test...look for homework for requires students to read, answer multiple choice questions, and answer questions using complete sentences/paragraph.
- New program--WriteSteps
- working on writing 3-5 paragraphs (informational)
- review longitude and latitude
- learn about Mary McLeod Bethune
- Progress Reports went home in courier on Thursday
- Please sign the envelope and return on Tuesday
- Please RSVP for the very important Parent Meeting by Tuesday ...invitation was included in progress report envelope ...the meeting is on Thursday.
- Homework! I give homework for three reasons: for practice, for review, and to practice being responsible. Please know that homework is required. Although I don't assign much, I do expect it to be done and turned in on time. When it is graded it counts as much as any classwork assignment. Several students have actually told me that they would prefer to get a 0 than do the assignment.
- Thanks to those who sent in cupcakes, drinks, and other smacks last Thursday! I think students did enjoy the day, even without a party.